10 Reasons Why Local SEO Will Help Attract New Customers To Your Business
Are you using Local SEO services to your full advantage?
1. Customers are switching to the internet to find local businesses
64% of local customers use search engines as their main way to find local business; only 28% of people use old paper directories as their preferred source of local information
2. The number of online searches for local business is up 58%
In 2008/09 the number of ‘local searches’ (i.e. a search that included a location in it) grew by 58%.
3. Local search marketing is highly targeted & timely
Using local search engines & online directories promotes your business to local customers at exactly the point that they’re looking for your business.
4. Highest conversion levels of all local advertising channels
Local directory marketing has higher conversion rates than other, traditional advertising options – up to 50% conversion on some directories. That means that you’ll convert 1 in 2 leads into an actual customer.
5. Mobile internet usage growth
More and more local customers use mobile phones and mobile ‘apps’ to find best local business while they’re walking around. Local SEO covers both PC & mobile internet access meaning you never miss out on a potential customer.
6. Great return on investment
Unlike other advertising (e.g. local papers, leaflets etc…) with local SEO there is little wasted exposure. You reach potential customers when they need you not when they don’t. This makes local SEO both efficient and cost effective.
7. Only 10% of businesses have claimed their Google Places local listings
Most local businesses haven’t got to grips with online marketing yet. That leaves the door open for you to get a head start before your competitors.
8. Many of the best local SEO opportunities are free (for now!)
It’s free to claim your listing in Google maps (called Google Places) and to list your business in hundreds of online business directories.
9. Local newspaper readership is in massive decline, down 4080%
Fewer & fewer people are reading local newspapers. Recent figures show some local newspapers have lost 80% of their readership in the last 20 years.
10. 70% of local consumers trust online business reviews
Word of mouth is a major factor in the success of local businesses. Get your trusted customers to review your business online and attract hundreds of new customers.